Thursday, August 16, 2007

The Second (Un) Predeparture Post

Believe me, I had intended to follow up that first post almost immediately afterwards, specifically with a "Why I'm Going" post. But each time I sat down to actually writing it some issue would crop up with what I was saying or how I attacked that subject. Finally I realized the problem is that blogs are pretty much inherently egotistical and I try to be anything but as much as possible, and the issue of why I'm leaving the country for years on end, to me, presumes that my going is a life-shattering ordeal to my friends and family, as if it's keeping people up at night (except for my parents I suppose). I think if you know me well the reasons are obvious, and if not then this blog will be a running treatise on why. (Now, please don't post comments about how I'm saying nobody cares about me, that's not what I'm saying at all.)
About Wednesday's pizza-and-a-movie, now that I'm writing this from Japan, I can tell you all now that Japanese folks will simply not believe me that we have pizzas in The States an inch and a half thick and weighing in at a good three or four kilos. Zachary's. Rules. All. Pizza.
Not Old Chicago though. (Zing!)

No comments: