Thursday, August 23, 2007

Cat Update ("Cupdate"?)

The cat I found was wheezing yesterday, having trouble breathing, but that's since stabilized. I have put it in a fairly spacious box with an electric blanket on low lining the floor covered with newspaper and a somewhat dirty white shirt I had. I'm pretty sure it's not too hot in there. I was able to find a special newborn kitten formula at the local Home Depot-esque place and it's eating much more than it was just this (early) morning. I basically didn't get ANY sleep last night due to the lil' bastard, so I'm turning it early now.
I may have found a home for it with my friend Caitlyn, but we'll see what her boyfriend says, I guess. I don't know, there's a weird crusty, scabby thing covering the cat's eyes too. Lisa said it could be an infection and I believe her. I tried washing it off with a mild saline solution with no luck. I'm wondering if this is some kind of injury (did someone poke out it's goddamn eyes?) or will this just scab away? I don't have pics because the lil dude won't stand still two seconds for me to get a detailed shot!

--Matt

1 comment:

Brian said...

Good to hear it's still ok. Hope the infection/injury doesn't prove to be too serious. Why don't you keep it? Not enough room in your spacious flat?