Wednesday, September 5, 2007

How Could I Have Forgotten?

I wrote a ton of throwaway haikus about, well, whatever, during the Tokyo orientation and intended to post them here about three weeks ago. That didn't happen, but oh well. Better late than never.

The context might be lost despite the meager explainations. Sorry.

Written in homage of the little green exit sign man above every Japanese door.

Deguchi
Exit man goes left
Really, what is over there?
Wait, I will go look

Written during the unconscionably boring keynote speech.

Prepare For Ass Coma
Crowd grows, tension builds
Too many JETs, light a spark
Let's start a riot

There was a door in the main hall with one of those Dharma Initiative hexagrams...

Are You Lost Too?
Dharma initiative
Yonder door handle has sign
"Others" lurk behind?

Another written during the keynote speech.

Droolzors
Eyes roll in sockets
He means well, still, it drones on
My brain has checked out

The powerpoint had a bad pic of Mt. Fuji.

Pixel Fuji
Snow-dusted mountain
Mt. Fuji, a perfect peak
Oh, just projection

I have no idea why I wrote this.

All Together Now
Repeat after me?
Stay loose, stay lucid, live free
We are not all drones

From our first night in Shinjuku when we went out for dinner.

Hot Night, Summer In 'da City
Shinjuku hunger
Fuck it, let's get omu-rice
Crazy Turks abound

A sort of addendum to the previous one.

The Stable
Yo, where my money?
Don't make me use my pimp hand
My "harlem" jumps me

Caitlyn was drawing rocket ships during the keynote.

Space Cadet
Caitlyn draws of space
Where's the line between Earth, sky?
There is none, I think

*****

Plenty more haiku where that came from since then, so I'll try to include at least one a week.

--Matt

No comments: