Thursday, July 24, 2008

General SOS: I Need Your Help!

This is a general distress signal to all friends and family! I need your help to save my sanity and US$700+ and all you have to do is come to visit me in Japan around late November. It's that simple!

They're doing it again. THEY! My colleagues at the Kusu Educational Department are officially planning their annual staff trip and naturally I'm being conscripted to attend. Refusal is pretty much out of the question. I sort of tried that last year and got only blank, dumb stares, their confused eyes saying "Why Matt, why don't you want to come. Nobody's ever NOT come." But after last year's Shanghai debacle...no. No goddamn way you'll get me on a plane with these people ever again.

So friends, family, intelligent pets and sentient bits of algea, if you want to come visit Japan, experience a traditional Japanese lifestyle, visit Japanese schools or do any other cliched dribble I can dredge up then please coincide your trip with the week before Thanksgiving, spefically around November 20-22. Free room to sleep in, free food (to an extent), I'll drive you places and it'll all be magical.

--Matt

No comments: