Saturday, November 10, 2007

Sometimes I Wonder How Far the U.S. Is From This



The political situation in the former Soviet province of Georgia is not going well, to say the least, and the government is going as far as systematically shutting down opposition television and radio stations. A stupid move to be sure as it's probably exactly what the Russians want seeing as how they're likely to have stirred up the mess in the first place. From the 2006 natural gas pipeline sabotage to the four spies caught red-handed in Tblisi to the Abhkazian separatist movement, Russia's been trying to destabilize their breakaway republic, just as they've been doing to all the others. Putin is an such incredible bastard.

On an entirely different note, what's this about a Chinese tanker hitting the Bay Bridge and spilling light oil into my bay? WTF people?!? Not to stir up racist sentiment, but I would formally like to request China train its supertanker pilots better and also that they stop sending us toys made of lead and filled with cyanide. Thanks!

--Matt

1 comment:

kelli said...

Damn Matt,

Thanks for making me feel more apathetic than ever when it comes to world politics. I blame my edumakation that told me to just care about myself. Well, not only does Russia have political turmoil they now have a worse oil spill than San Francisco. I guess the Black Sea will have a literal meaning. =(

Kelli