Monday, October 8, 2007

Goddamn Cagers...

After finishing my last post I flipped over the the Japanese news to find out that motorcycle racer Norifumi Abe was killed last night by a truck driver stupid enough to make an illegal u-turn in front of him in Kawasaki City. For a guy who's been MotoGP world champion a few times that's a downright shitty way to die and I'm quite pissed at it, though I never saw him race live. However, when I was first getting into biking in my late teens, Abe was everywhere in the news as the little wild card racer who shot out of the Japanese racing scene to the world stage like a bat out of hell.

People of the world, please stop killing us motorcyclists!

http://mdn.mainichi.jp/national/news/20071008p2a00m0sp005000c.html

--Matt

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Ironic isn't it? And all too common - sorry Matt.