Saturday, October 27, 2007

Dress For Success!


I had to have that shirt, it called to me. The shopkeeper was also a mega-fox, but...
Oh, and don't you like my little hattie?


Dad always told me that putting your best foot forward started with how you clothed yourself. That's why the first clothes I bought in Japan were parody jogging sweaters I found at Don Quixote (the greatest store in Japan, possibly the world). This weekend I also found a store called "Kilostore" that sells secondhand clothing by the gram and picked up a nifty hat for just over 500 J-bucks--a stupendous value.

OK, these are going to take some 'splaining...

The front words are parodies of school club logos, the left one saying "Yakinikubu" and the right "Kotowazabu", meaning "Grilled Meat Club" and "Proverb Club", respectively.


On the back we have a cow diagram showing the choicest cuts of tasty meat on the left and two proverbs on the right: "Buta ni shinju" and "Neko ni koban", both which mean essentially the same thing (the former literally meaning), "Pearls before swine".

The two jogging sweaters have paid off tremendously with the kids at all the schools, mostly because the gags are so very Japanese and I am decidedly not.


Because no fashion round-up is complete w/o my best Andy Capp pose.

--Matt

No comments: