Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Duckphone!

I was sifting through boxes of miscellaneous junk from a past life when I came across this relic of the 80s I don't remember having: Duckphone.

Maia models Duckphone. Then, Duckphone is an integral part of any powerful gentleman's table arrangement.

It may have come from Radio Shack, but I only recall ever having purchased a "futuristic" neon tube-filled phone from them in the distant past. Whatever the case, you are looking at my new method of land line communication: Conversation through the hollowed-out body of a wooden waterfowl.

Update: Duckphone does indeed work! However, it doesn't seem to possess the ability to ring, but that may be balanced by the reality that its eyes light up with red LEDs when you pick it up. Is Duckphone possessed by demons of technology's past or just misunderstood? Time--possibly our screams--will tell.

--Matt

No comments: