Tuesday, January 22, 2008

In Other, Happier, News

I shot off to the outlet malls in Tosu, Saga Prefecture (next prefecture over, south of Fukuoka) at the behest of one of the teachers I work with last Sunday. I went with Chizuru from Hita and tried to drag Lindsey along, but she was nursing a vicious hangover and I wasn't prepared to clean any vomit out of my car just that day. Didn't matter, the mall was a copy of any of a thousand in The States and we both recognized it immediately, hurriedly looking for something to justify the trip. We found it at the bottom of two delicious Starbucks lattes (I reiterate, I am NOT a Starbucks person, but it's virtually the only latte in Japan) and a new scarf. Mom, don't take offense that I bought another scarf please, this one's for casual occasions while yours is a more work/formal style.

Truth is it was love at first sight and I was compelled to buy it by the spirit of the Fourth Doctor, a.k.a. Tom Baker. He's not actually dead, but I could feel his spirit anyways. Yes, I've always wanted his signature ridiculously long and colorful knit scarf and this one was the closest I've ever seen to it. I don't have pics just yet as the lighting as of late has been atrocious and too much for my craptastic camera to handle. I'll model it on the first sunny day along with my new pants and sweater. Yay, fashion shoot!

(Did I just say that?)

--Matt

No comments: